PDI is a Michigan based multi-faceted company. We offer in-house electronic engineering, turnkey manufacturing, functional test stand design/build and UL, CSA, CE, etc., certification support.
PDI engineering services include:
- Embedded software development
- Embedded hardware design (analog, digital, microprocessor)
- PCB design
- Custom electronic housing design
- Product tech support when required
Agency approvals for safety standards
PDI can manage your approval process for UL, CSA, FM, CE, TUV, Atex and much more. We have extensive experience working thru the approval and maintenance process. Acting as your agent we work directly with the assigned engineers to provide all documentation, samples and support required for a successful certification. We understand the requirements of the standards and represent our customer from a technical and administrative perspective minimizing the need to re-run tests due to failed results. Our quality department hosts required audits at our facility to fulfill the on-going listing requirements. PDI engineering staff is on hand to advise and execute report revisions as needed to maintain compliance.
Functional test stand design and construction
Product validation is a complex process; mistakes can be costly and cause delays in your schedule. PDI has extensive experience and offers product validation support for product safety and testing. We have In-house capability to design and build production test stands.
100% functional testing of a product prior to shipping is essential. PDI test engineers work closely with product designers to design and build a functional test stand to satisfy even the most demanding needs. These test stands perform a functional check for circuit operation and depending on the application have the capability to assign serial numbers, save test results in a database and print pass/fail labels.
In-house full turnkey manufacturing
We are proud to manufacture our products in the United States to ensure the highest quality. Our products include:
- Single and double sided automated SMT capabilities specializing in mid-low volume / high mix assemblies, including prototypes.
- Lead and RoHS complaint process capabilities.
- Encapsulating, potting, coating and over molding.
- Box build, mechanical and final assembly.
- Manufactured to IPC A610 Class 2 inspection standards with certified trainer on site.
- Full functional testing capabilities.
- MRP, automated supply chain management and inventory management capabilities.
- KAN BAN capabilities.
- Comprehensive work instructions.
- QWIN software for electronic revision and historical doc control.