Whether it’s thru-hole or SMT we offer a full range of manufacturing services built around your products. Our 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility along with our state of the art equipment provide the perfect environment for the quality manufacturing and timely delivery you require.
From concept to commercialization, let PDI be your best in class electronics design and manufacturing source.
PDI offers embedded software development, embedded hardware, PCB layout and enclosure design.
We have twenty plus years of experience designing and manufacturing controls for hazardous locations (intrinsically safe), limit control (low water cut-off for boiler), police/emergency vehicles, security systems, non-patient contact medical, etc.
Our engineering team is on the cutting edge of technology. We have successfully launched hundreds of embedded designs through the years; below are just a few:
- Cryogenic freezers
- Interface to Wireless Hart
- Industrial humidifier controls
- High speed PC docking stations for police and fire
- Data loggers with Web interface
- PID loop temperature controllers
- Ruggedized hub and Ethernet converter for the automotive industry
- Security fencing alarms
- Motor starter for heavy equipment
- Our recent emphasis to incorporate wireless capabilities into new and existing designs offers our customers the latest technological advantages.
In-house full turnkey manufacturing
Engineering and manufacturing under one roof is the key to our success. This seamless integration results in quick time to market, lower cost, less down time and higher quality. PDI has the staff on site to get it done quickly, accurately and professionally.
We are proud to say our products are designed and manufactured in the USA. Our services include:
- Single and double sided automated SMT capabilities specializing in mid-low volume / high mix assemblies, including prototypes.
- Lead and RoHS compliant process capabilities.
- Encapsulating, potting, coating and over molding.
- Box build, mechanical and final assembly.
- Manufactured to IPC A610 Class 2 inspection standards with certified trainer on site.
- Full functional testing capabilities.
- MRP, automated supply chain management and inventory management capabilities.
- KAN BAN capabilities.
- Comprehensive work instructions.
- QWIN software for electronic revision and historical doc control
Product validation is a complex process; mistakes can be costly and cause delays in your schedule. PDI has extensive experience and offers product validation support for product safety and testing.
Our services include:
- In house capability to design and build production test stands. 100% functional testing of a product prior to shipping is essential. PDI test engineers work closely with product designers to design and build a functional test stand to satisfy even the most demanding needs. These test stands perform a functional check for circuit operation and depending on the application have the capability to assign serial numbers, save test results in a database and print pass/fail labels.
- Project management of the approval process. Acting as your agent we work directly with the assigned engineers to provide all documentation, samples and support required for a successful certification. We understand the requirements of the standards and represent our customer from a technical and administrative perspective minimizing the need to re-run tests due to failed results.
- Our quality department hosts required audits (UL, CE etc.) at our facility to fulfill the on-going listing requirements.
- PDI engineering staff is on hand to advise and execute report revisions as needed to maintain compliance.