PDI manufactures its products in the United States to ensure the highest quality. Since 1991, PDI has been designing and manufacturing controls for hazardous locations (intrinsically safe), limit control (low water cut-off for boiler), police/emergency vehicles, security systems, non-patient contact medical, and other industries and markets. This diverse experience provides PDI with the insight, infrastructure, and capabilities needed to handle your requirements.
Manufacturing Services Include:
- In house full turnkey manufacturing
- Mid-low / high volume mix electronic manufacturing
- SMT, thru-hole, and mixed PCA
- High-speed surface mount technology (SMT) line
- Single and double-sided automated SMT capabilities
- Inventory management
- RoHS compliant or Lead solder capabilities
- Encapsulating, potting, conformal coating, and over-molding
- Box build, mechanical and final assembly
- Manufactured to IPC A610 Class 2 inspection standards with a certified trainer on site
- Full functional testing capabilities
- MRP, automated supply chain management, and inventory management capabilities
- KAN BAN capabilities
- Comprehensive work instructions
- QWIN software for electronic revision and historical doc control
Product Testing and 3rd Party Validation
Product validation is a complex process; mistakes can be costly and cause delays in your schedule. PDI has extensive experience and offers product validation support for product safety and testing.
Our services include:
- 100% 3D Automated Optical Inspection(AOI) to validate/correct component placement, polarity, wettability, shorts, lifted lead, and other common SMT issues.
- In house capability to design and build production test stands. 100% functional testing of a product prior to shipping is essential. PDI test engineers work closely with product designers to design and build a functional test stand to satisfy even the most demanding needs. These test stands perform a functional check for circuit operation and depending on the application have the capability to assign serial numbers, save test results in a database, and print pass/fail labels.
- Project management of 3rd party approval process certification and testing (ie; CE, UL, cUL, FM, ATEX, IECEx, and environmental standards). Acting as your agent we work directly with the assigned engineers to provide all documentation, samples and support required for successful certification. We understand the requirements of the standards and represent our customer from a technical and administrative perspective minimizing the need to re-run tests due to failed results.
- Our quality department hosts required audits (UL, CE, etc.) at our facility to fulfill the on-going listing requirements.
- PDI engineering staff is on hand to advise and execute report revisions as needed to maintain compliance.